Sheldon Aubut's Duluth History
Chamber of Commerce
118 East Superior Street
Presently: Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce
Previously: Peterson "Buffet", just another name for "saloon" during prohibition. Plaza Hotel
Style: Renaissance Revival
Peterson Buffet here until 1915. In 1920s this was an auto supply company, in 1930s it became Granada Beer Garden, with Plaza Hotel upstairs.
Was also Carlson's Bar & Rest. and in 1984 Murphy's Restaurant & Bar
Stone facing, a cornice with decorative brackets and corner cartouches, and classical detailing on the cornice between the first and the second floors. Storefront has arched windows with leaded glass and classical detailing.
Back to CityHistory.US
January 15, 2011
copyright © 1986-2013 , Sheldon T. Aubut, all rights reserved